The Student Information System (SIS) integration with Securly Visitor is a great way to keep your school and student/parent data updated and in sync with minimal effort. Some important benefits of SIS integration are:
- Fewer CSV uploads - If you are an existing Visitor user, enabling this feature will eliminate the need to update and upload CSVs for parent/student information.
- Improved efficiency and reduced errors - By limiting the need for CSV uploads, you save your administrative staff time and effort. Not to mention that automated data transfers avoid human errors during data entry and improve data accuracy.
- Real-time data updates - As your SIS and Visitor product are in sync, you can be assured that your visitor management system is using the most updated information about students and parents.
- Easy one-time setup - An SIS integration is a one-time setup and can be done by your district admin with very little assistance from Securly. So long as you have a functional SIS in place, your SIS-Visitor integration should be up and running in a matter of minutes. Contact email@example.com to get your initial connection set up. If you are an existing Visitor user you would then need to map existing schools in Visitor with those in your SIS and the system will take care of the rest.
Things to note:
- To ensure that parent and student data in Visitor is mapped accurately with your SIS, parents/visitors would need to provide their information the first time they interact with the Visitor (iPad) app.
- You need to have at least one school in your SIS to integrate with Visitor.
- SIS integration relates only to parent/student data. Staff, watchlist, emergency contact list, or the pre-approved visitors' list.
- If you choose to disable SIS integration, the system will refer to the parent/student data from your last uploaded CSV and not the SIS information.