Auto-release Site Lock and Screen Lock
When using Site Lock or Screen Lock, a new option allows the teacher to choose a number of minutes, after which the function will automatically release for the selected students.
Web Links have moved from the Location level to the Organization level
Web links were previously maintained on a location-by-location basis. This made it impossible to create a web link that would be available to all teachers and students at all locations in the district. We have moved Web-links to the organization level, where they can be used district-wide if desired. You'll now find them under the Organization menu.
All existing web links have been copied automatically. They remain assigned to the owners who created them. Admins can now view and manage the entire list from one place. Teachers can continue to see only their web links by using the "my web links" checkbox.
Better info on Google sync status
For Google directory sync and Google Classroom sync, the system does a full sync weekly and partial syncs throughout the week just for changed items through a "change event notification" we receive from the Google account when changes are detected. In the past, there was no way to know when the partial sync was last performed. We now show dates for both the last full sync and last sync due to a change notification.
Export Device Console Users
It's now possible to export a list of all Device Console users with the new button at the top right of the users table. The export will reflect the current table customizations for columns and sort order.
- Screen Lock now forces the browser into full-screen mode and to the front. This can help keep it to the front and on top of any smaller window that might be open.
- Administrators can now see the custom block lists created by all teachers. An "owner" column in the table is available to show which teacher owns the list. The filter can be used to show only lists for a specific teacher.
- Teacher screen-share sessions are now limited to a maximum of 60 minutes to help prevent run-away sessions. If more time is needed, a new session can be started immediately.
- Students will now see a different block message to indicate whether a site is blocked by the teacher (due to a custom block list being applied to the class) or blocked by the administrator (due to the organization block list).
- Roster sync with Clever will now assign classes to locations automatically. Also, teachers will automatically be granted permission to the locations where they are listed as the teacher in any roster. If teachers have classes in multiple locations, they will need to choose the correct location from the location menu to see classes that belong to that location.
- Roster sync with Canvas will now assign classes to locations automatically. Also, teachers will automatically be granted permission to the locations where they are listed as the teacher in any roster. If teachers have classes in multiple locations, they will need to choose the correct location from the location menu to see classes that belong to that location.
- If a student had an open page before the start of class and stayed on that page during the entire class session, the site was not logged in the class session browsing history for the student.
- Sometimes, students saw "Super admin" instead of their teacher's name in chat windows.
- When trying to add a student to a manually-created class by browsing Google Directory, students get added to the selected class but remain selected and also added to the second class edited.
- When editing manually-created classes and clicking Save
- Large screen view (Device View) would sometimes show just a black image instead of the screenshot if the student had resized the window to very narrow dimensions on a Chromebook.
- The export of class sessions showed time stamps in GMT instead of converting to local time of the organization.
- Class session summary emails did not always show full browsing history for student, and did not match the class session history tab in Device Console for sites that were still open when class started and ended. This is been corrected.