Importing the Azure security groups into Securly is a simple one-time process.
- Log in to your Securly Filter and navigate to the Policy Map tab in the side panel.
- First-time users will see an empty page with a button to “Import Security groups.”
- Click the button to begin the process. You will be asked to reauthenticate yourself when you import your security groups the first time.
- Depending on the number of security groups you have and the communication time between Azure and Securly, importing could take a few minutes. Once importing is complete, your security groups will be displayed on your Policy Map page.*
- You can now select a group and apply the policy to it. To do this, click the “Apply Policy” button. (Note that in a parent-child hierarchy of the security groups, the child is not assigned the parent policy by default. Parent and child can have different policies. This is similar to the OU structure behavior for G Suite users.)
- You can also create custom groups and apply different policies to them as well.
That’s it, you’re done! You can now set filtering rules for your security groups and keep your students safe online.
*Ensure that you do not have more than one group with the same name. If you do, both/ all of them will be assigned the same policy. You cannot assign different policies to each of them.