You may encounter little to no filtering on your network when using Securly for one of the following reasons:
- If you use Securly’s Chrome extension and have any other filtering extension turned on simultaneously.
- You block all extensions except those that you allow explicitly, and Securly’s Chrome extension has not been allowed.
- If you are a DNS customer and have any other form of filtering, including UTM web filtering, simultaneously enabled for your network.
- You have set up certain firewall rules that are blocking your traffic.
If you use Securly’s Chrome extension ensure that any other filtering extensions are disabled and/or removed. Also, ensure that the Securly Chrome extension is enabled.
To do this
- Navigate to chrome://extensions
- Verify the checkbox for ‘Enable’ is selected and the Securly Extension is enabled.
- Uncheck the checkbox for any other filtering extensions.
- Make sure that all your public IP addresses are registered with Securly.
- Make sure that your DNS is pointing to Securly. If not, manually change the DNS on your computer and point it to your regional cluster on Securly.
Other web filters and firewalls
Check your web filtering and firewall logs to ensure that you are not filtering or performing SSL decryption with another solution.