Signing up for Securly’s web filtering product or Auditor with your G-Suite credentials is quick and easy. However, sometimes you may encounter some errors during sign up primarily due to permission restrictions.
Some G-Suite related errors you may encounter are:
- This domain was already registered.
- Must be a super admin/Account primary domain must belong to super-admin.
- Must be a valid subdomain.
- Google API access needs to be enabled.
To avoid facing such errors:
- Ensure that the domain you use during sign up has not been previously used for signing up for Securly’s web filtering product. You can only sign up once with a particular domain. When faced with this error you can navigate to securly.com and click ‘Login’ to log in to your Securly account directly.
- Ensure that you are assigned the Super Admin role, or that the credentials you use to sign up belong to your G-Suite Super Admin. (Learn more about a Super Admin here.)
- Ensure that the subdomain you enter is a valid subdomain of your primary domain. For example, if your primary domain is ‘k12publicschools.org’, a valid subdomain would be ‘hs.k12publicschools.org’. However, ‘hs.k12publicschools.com’ would be an invalid subdomain.
- Ensure that you have enabled the ‘Enable API Access’ field in your G-Suite Admin Console. To check if this field is enabled log in to your G-Suite Admin Console and navigate to Security > API Reference. If this checkbox is not selected you would not be able to sign up for Securly.
To sign up for Securly click here.