Signing up for Securly’s web filtering product, Auditor, or Classroom by Securly with your G Suite credentials is quick and easy. However, sometimes you may encounter some errors while signing up primarily due to permission restrictions.
Some G Suite related errors you may encounter are:
- The domain is already registered.
- Must be a super admin.
- Account primary domain must belong to a super - admin.
- Must be a valid subdomain.
- Google API access needs to be enabled.
To avoid facing such errors:
- Ensure that the domain you use during sign up has not been previously used to sign up for Securly’s web filtering product. You can only sign up once with a particular domain. When faced with this error, you can navigate to securly.com and click ‘Login’ to log in to your Securly account directly.
- Ensure that you are assigned a Super Admin role, or that the credentials you use to sign up belong to your G Suite Super Admin. (Learn more about Super Admin here.)
- Ensure that the subdomain you enter is a valid subdomain of your primary domain. For example, if your primary domain is ‘k12publicschools.org’, a valid subdomain would be ‘hs.k12publicschools.org’. However, ‘hs.k12publicschools.com’ would be an invalid subdomain.
- Ensure that you have enabled the "Enable API Access" field in your G Suite Admin Console. To check if this field is enabled, log in to your G Suite Admin Console and navigate to Security > API Reference. If this checkbox is not selected, you will not be able to sign up for Securly.
To sign up for Securly click here.