We understand that web filtering requirements differ with grade and school policies. To accommodate these requirements we allow you to create customized policies for individual OUs (Organizational Unit). You can change these policies if your requirements change.
However, if you do not assign any policy to an OU, the default policy will be applied to it automatically. You can also specifically assign the default policy to individual OUs. To do this
- Log in to your Securly admin console
- Navigating to Policy Map > Default Policy and select from the OUs listed there.
- All OUs with a white background are already assigned to this policy. Note: If the OU is gray, there are no users in the OU or the OU is assigned to another policy.
- Mark the checkbox for the OUs you would like to move. Note: The checkbox is only used for moving. It does not enable or disable the policy.
- Click on the ‘Move to Policy’ button in the top right corner.
- This will provide a dropdown list of all available policies. Select the desired policy.
- Confirm the change
- The view will automatically change to the new policy. You will see the OUs with white backgrounds.
To learn how to create custom policies, click here.