Dr. House is a debug tool from Securly that lets you certify that your network is up and running correctly. Dr. House launches a series of automated checks meant to detect the most common network misconfigurations.
You can send us the debug results and our team will let you know if there are any network configuration issues that you need to worry about.
Please note that Dr. House is meant to be executed only on the client OS and not the server OS.
To run Dr. House:
- Download the correct tool for your applicable OS and OS bit as per your region cluster (US West, US East, EU West*). The tools are attached at the end of this article. Make sure you have downloaded the correct zip file and extract its contents.
- After extracting the contents, verify that a "dist" folder exists.
- Open a terminal window, type in the following command
" sudo ~/Downloads/dist/DrHouse.app/Contents/MacOS/DrHouse" and press Enter. You will be prompted to enter your current user’s password.
- You will also be asked to enter your school's internal Active Directory domain should one exist. If you do not use an internal domain leave it blank
- Once the tool has completed running it will generate a ‘.html’ file titled "Securly_Debug_Report_XXX" with XXX being the current date and time encoded which will be located at the root of the downloaded folder.
- Please send Securly the generated HTML file to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
*You can verify what cluster you belong to by logging into your Admin UI. Once you log in, the URL would reflect your cluster:
- US West: https://www.securly.com
- US East: https://useast-www.securly.com
- EU West: https://euwest-www.securly.com