Once you set up your Plug n’ Play Hub and activate it, you are all set to begin filtering all devices connected to the Plug n’ Play Hub including any school-owned devices for your kids. This article walks you through the Plug n’ Play Hub dashboard to help you understand the UI and use it effectively.
To login to your Plug n’ Play Hub dashboard, navigate to www.securly.com > Login > Parent.
- You need to use your parent portal login credentials to login to your Plug n’ Play Hub.
- The ‘Forgot Password’ link would help you regenerate your password in case you forget it.
- The ‘Send me a Link’ button would send an email to your registered email ID and log you into your Plug n’ Play Hub.
- This page displays all the activities for the various devices connected to your Plug n’ Play Hub.
- Clicking the ‘All Activities’ field arrow would collapse to show a list of devices connected to the Plug n’ Play Hub as well as the kids. You can view detailed activity for any of these devices or kids by clicking that field.
- Click the ‘Menu’ to view the various menu options - Activity Feed, Flagged by School, Settings, Account, Help.
- You can toggle the various settings on this page to restrict or allow categories, safe search etc. This page helps you determine how strict your policy would be. Click here to learn how to create policy.
- Clicking a kid name will display the settings assigned by the school for your kid. Your ability to modify these settings is determined by your school’s parental control policy. Click here to learn more about parental controls.
- Clicking the ‘+’ sign in the upper right corner will allow you to add websites to the Allow/ Deny list. Click here to learn more about the Allow/Deny list.
Flagged by School / Flagged
- This will display the flagged activity for your kid on the school device filtered as per the school policy. This includes social media posts, searches, Youtube videos etc. that are flagged by Securly’s sentiment analysis algorithm for being suspicious for bullying, self-harm and grief tendencies.
- This is the same as the Flagged Activities that you see in your parent portal. Note that it will not display activity for the Plug n’ Play Hub.
- You can change your parent portal password here.
- Note that your connections will be displayed to you under the ‘Connections’ tab only when you are viewing your Plug n’ Play Hub dashboard on a desktop. This facility is not available on your mobile device at this time.
- This includes links to the Securly KB portal where you can find links to all relevant KB articles.
- You can also ask any questions you may have about the Plug n’ Play Hub or parent portal by navigating to the dedicated Google forum link here.