To begin using the Parent Portal and Parent Settings you need to upload a CSV file that maps the student-parent relationship for your school. Securly uses this CSV to send student activity reports to parents.
You can upload the CSV files via the Admin UI or FTP*. If you are using FTP to upload the CSV, please read the guidelines below for a seamless experience.
- Install an FTP client (such as WinSCP) on your device.
- Before uploading, ensure that the hostname is ‘securly.brickftp.com’.
You will find your username in your Securly admin console. You can also set your password there.
- If you encounter problems connecting to the SFTP server please check your firewall settings and ensure that you have allowed connection to securly.brickftp.com over outbound port tcp/22.
- Ensure that the name of your file is ‘parents.csv’. Any other file name will cause the file to be deleted.
- If you need to update an existing CSV, you should upload the same CSV with the updated fields. Our system will overwrite the existing file.
- If the file name is ‘parents.csv’ but the file is not in CSV format, it will be deleted during the verification process.
- You can upload only one file at any given time. If you attempt to upload more than one files, any additional file other than ‘parents.csv’ will be deleted.
- Your file should not be more than 150 MB. If you need to upload a bigger file, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You would experience file processing errors if your CSV does not fulfill any of the following requirements:
- A header line specifying each column name is essential.
- Header line must include: Parent First Name, Parent Last Name, Parent Email, Student First Name, Student Last Name, Student Email
- The student email must belong to your school domain or sub-domain. Other email addresses would be rejected.
- Student email ID or parent email ID cannot be the same as admin email ID.
- More than one parent email or more than one student email on one line are not allowed. Each line of the CSV should establish a 1:1 mapping between student and parent.
- You can use single and double quotation marks in your CSV for individual fields. Text contained within quotation marks even when separated by a comma (,) is treated as one field. Note that a comma within single quotation marks will lead to error.
*Note that we use the SFTP File Protocol to ensure that your file transfers are totally secure.
If you choose to upload via the Admin UI, please follow the guidelines here.