To begin scanning emails using Auditor by Securly, you would need to change certain settings and configure an additional route in your Google Admin Console. Creating a new route would route all emails sent or received by students in an OU to Auditor’s monitoring servers. Auditor would then scan all these emails using Sentiment Analysis and send alerts to your Auditor Dashboard. This document will walk you through the process of setting up the new route necessary for the proper functioning of Auditor by Securly.
Note: Ensure that you have whitelisted securly.com in your G Suite and can receive emails from Securly in your inbox. Without this, your Auditor setup will fail as you will not receive the test email from us which indicates that Auditor has started scanning emails. To learn more about this setting, click here.
- Sign up for Auditor by navigating to https://www.securly.com/auditor
- Login to your Google Admin Console
- Navigate to Apps > G Suite > Gmail
- The ‘Setting for Gmail’ page would be displayed.
- Scroll down and click ‘Advanced Settings’.
- Go to the ‘Host’ tab and click ‘Add Route’.
- Give an appropriate name to the route.
- Add email server as per your regional cluster. Your cluster will be displayed to you in the first screen of the setup wizard.
- US East: use-smtp.auditor.securly.com
- US West: usw-smtp.auditor.securly.com
- EU West: euw-smtp.auditor.securly.com
- Canada: ca-smtp.auditor.securly.com
- US East2: use2-smtp.auditor.securly.com
- APSE: apse-smtp.auditor.securly.com
Note: Please be careful to not uncheck or check the spam and attachment options that appear previous to the step where you ‘Add more recipients’. Checking ‘Bypass spam filter for this message’ in that instance will deliver spam messages to your inbox. Refer to screenshot below.
- Click ‘Add Settings’ to save the new route for the OU.
- Click ‘Save’ to finally save the route for the OU.
- To set up routing for other OUs, follow steps 12 to 22.
By following the setup guidelines above, you should be able to begin using Auditor by Securly to scan emails for your school immediately.