To begin scanning emails using Auditor by Securly, you would need to change certain settings and configure an additional route in your Google Admin Console. Creating a new route would route all emails sent or received by students in an OU to Auditor’s monitoring servers. Auditor would then scan all these emails using Sentiment Analysis and send alerts to your Auditor Dashboard. This document will walk you through the process of setting up Auditor for your school.
- Sign up for Auditor by navigating to https://www.securly.com/auditor
- Login to your Google Admin Console.
- Navigate to Apps > G Suite > Gmail
- The ‘Setting for Gmail’ page would be displayed.
- Scroll down and click Hosts’.
- Now click ‘Add Route’.
- Give an appropriate name to the route.
- Add email server as per your regional cluster. Your cluster will be displayed to you in the first screen of the setup wizard.
- US East: use-smtp.auditor.securly.com
- US West: usw-smtp.auditor.securly.com
- EU West: euw-smtp.auditor.securly.com
- Canada: ca-smtp.auditor.securly.com
- US East2: use2-smtp.auditor.securly.com
- APSE: apse-smtp.auditor.securly.com
- UK: uk-smtp.auditor.securly.com
- Specify port number as ‘25’.
- Make sure that you un-check ‘Require TLS Delivery’ option and check ‘Perform MX Lookup on host’ option.
- Click ‘Save’.
- Now go back to the ‘Settings for Gmail’ page and scroll down to ‘Advanced Settings’.
- Scroll down the page to go to ‘Routing’ and click ‘Configure’.
If you already have some routing configured, you will get a “Add another” button upon hovering over the existing route.
- Give the route a name and select all checkboxes under ‘Messages to affect’.
- Check ‘Add more recipients’ under ‘Also deliver to’ and click ‘Add’.
- Select ‘Advanced’ from the dropdown, and check the ‘Change route’ checkbox. Under it select the route you previously created from the drop down instead of the ‘Normal route’.
- Scroll down and uncheck the ‘Do not deliver spam to this recipient’ checkbox under ‘Spam and delivery options’, and the ‘Remove attachments from message’ checkbox under ‘Attachments’. Click ‘Save’.
Note: Please be careful to not check the spam and attachment options that appear previous to the step where you ‘Add more recipients’. Checking ‘Bypass spam filter for this message’ in that instance will deliver spam messages to your inbox. Refer to screenshot below.
- Click ‘Add Settings’ to save the new route for the OU.
- Click ‘Save’ to finally save the route for the OU.
- To set up routing for other OUs, follow steps 12 to 19.
By following the setup guidelines above, you should be able to begin using Auditor by Securly to scan emails for your school immediately.