To begin scanning emails using Auditor with Securly, you will need to change certain settings and configure an additional route in your Google Admin Console. Creating a new route would route all emails sent or received by students in an OU to Auditor’s monitoring servers. The auditor will then scan all these emails using Sentiment Analysis and send alerts to your Auditor Dashboard. This document will walk you through the process of setting up an Auditor for your school.
- Sign up for Auditor by navigating to https://www.securly.com/auditor
- Log in to your Google Admin Console.
- Navigate to Apps > Google workspace > Gmail
- The "Settings for Gmail" page will be displayed.
- Scroll down and click on Hosts’.
- Give the appropriate name to the route. E.g., Auditor-SMTP.
- Add email servers as per your regional cluster. Your cluster will be displayed to you on the first screen of the setup wizard.
- Now click on "ADD ROUTE".
- Make sure that you un-check the "Require TLS Delivery" option and check the "Perform MX Lookup on hosts' option.
- Click on ‘Save’.
- US East: use-smtp.auditor.securly.com
- US West: usw-smtp.auditor.securly.com
- EU West: euw-smtp.auditor.securly.com
- Canada: ca-smtp.auditor.securly.com
- US East2: use2-smtp.auditor.securly.com
- APSE: apse-smtp.auditor.securly.com
- UK: uk-smtp.auditor.securly.com
Now, go back to the "Settings for Gmail" page and scroll down to "Advanced Settings".
14. Scroll down the page to go to "Routing" and click "Configure".
15. If you already have some routing configured, you will get an “Add another” button upon hovering over the existing route.
16. Give the route a name and select all the checkboxes under "Messages to affect".
17. Scroll down further and check "Add more recipients" under "Also delivered to" and click on "Add"
18. Select "Advanced" from the dropdown and check the "Change route" checkbox. Under it, select the route you previously created from the drop-down instead of the "Normal route".
19. Scroll down and uncheck the "Do not deliver spam to this recipient" checkbox under "Spam and delivery options" and the "Remove attachments from messages" checkbox under "Attachments". Click on "Save". Note that please be careful not to check your spam and attachment options that appear prior to the step where you "Add more recipients". Checking the "Bypass spam filter for this message" in that instance will deliver spam messages to your inbox. Refer to the screenshot below.
19. Click on "Add Settings" to save the new route for the OU.
20. Click on "Save" to finally save the route to the OU.
21. To set up routing for the other OUs, follow steps 12 to 19.
By following the setup guidelines above, you should be able to begin using the Auditor with Securly to scan emails for your school immediately.